Sunday, August 13, 2006

Hello

From Monday's appointments.

The stats from OB appt are as follows:
B/P 120/70
Weight gain of 20lbs total
Urine= Neg for protien and sugar
Fundal height = 36 weeks

Stats from ultrasound appt at hospital:

Baby Boy (A) weighing approx 3lbs 6oz
Fluid surrounding baby= good
All other measurments on track for gestation
Position=Breech

Baby Girl (B) weighing approx 3lbs 5oz
Fluid surrounding baby= good
All other measurments on track for gestation
Position=Kinda Vertex/Transverse

Cervix of steel measuring 3.7cm
Long closed

As for the gestational diabetes diagnosis. It is preety much bullshit. I check my sugars 3-4 times a day, eat the same as I have been, and my sugars are 95% of the time well withing normal ranges. And that's with no insulin (i wasn't ever prescribed any) and no diet changes. Damn doctors.
Carly and I discussed how my levels were barely elevated after that nasty 3 hour test, and she recommended that I wait a week after getting my diabetes machine and supplies, continue eating normally and record my numbers. I've been doing that for weeks now, and everything is normal. So that's good. I'll keep an eye on it though, just in case things decide to go awry as I get farther along.

31 weeks and 3 days today!

In other news, tomorrow is TJ's birthday. And this morning he got up, and went outside to ride his bike and it was gone.
Someone stole it in the middle of the night. After 1am when Allen went to bed, and before 8am when we got up to drop Kate off for marching band camp.
TJ had it parked beside the house, near our back fence. Fucking losers that steal.
I was so upset I cried. I was sad watching my 8 yr old walking the block looking for his bike. I tried to explain to him that I doubted anyone on our block took it, and if they did, it surely wouldn't be sitting out. He kept looking. He was really having a difficult time accepting that it was gone. But it is.

2 comments:

Aileara said...

Woot, doing great! I hate posting, and it gets lost in cyberspace somewhere. Maybe it'll show up, but if not, this is the substitute. Keep checking the sugar levels just in case, but I agree with your BS comment. That's horrible about TJ's bike - some people are such low lifes. Happy Birthday anyway, TJ.

bibliophile1978 said...

Glad to hear the babies are doing well, and your sugar is staying on track!

That sux about TJ's bike. I feel so bad for him. :((

Give him a big hug and kiss from me... and give one to yourself, too! LOL