Tuesday, April 25, 2006

1 day shy of 16 weeks!

Carly and I had a long talk tonight. About an hour and a half!
She told me all about her family and their plans for her baby shower.
And like all families, there have been bumps in the road, and differences of opinions.
It's fun to get to sit back, and be a part of things, yet not be involved at the same time.
Carly has 1 Mom, 4 sisters, and one sister-in-law. So there's a lot of ideas being kicked aroound. I guess at one point he sister Camille said to Carly "Why don't we just give you the money that we're gong to spend on the shower, and you can use it to buy everything you need. I mean people are going to come visit you after the babies are born and bring you gifts then, and they shouldn't have to give 2 gifts."
WTH?
Yeah.
Carly said her reply was something like " I don't need gifts after they're born, I kind of need to be set up before their born. And I don't expect them to bring me gifts when they visit too..."

I said to Carly. " AGH! What the hell is she thinking! It's not even about the GIFTS! It's about celebrating the upcoming arrival of your children! It's about spending the day around people you love, and opening gifts, and having this be YOUR TIME, YOUR DAY! How many baby showers have YOU attended"
Carly said "A million" (they have a huge family, and are expecting well over 100 women at the shower)
Then Carly stared saying "You're right! I should have told her that! These babies are my miracles!"

Oops. I hope I didn't add too much fuel to the fire.

As for the pregnancy, did I tell you that I've been feeling the babies move since around 13 weeks? Crazy hunh? We'll be 16 weeks this Thursday. Their movements are getting stronger and I have to say, the first night I felt their little swimming movements inside, I smiled and had tears in my eyes. It was such a great moment. I loved telling Carly the next day. She couldn't believe it. But it was the babies moving that night almost 3 weeks ago, and I've felt them every night since, always around 11:30pm, when I lay on my left side in bed. So amazing.

I'm still on the Zofran, and I've tried not taking it a couple of times over the past week.
NOT a good idea.
This morning as soon as I got up, before I could even take my pill, I was gagging and threw up bile into the kitcheen sink. At 8am. Nice.
The other problem I've been having is constipation, and believe me, I've been trying everything to get back to normal, and nothing's working.
Metamucil, Colace, fruit, beans, lots of water, and today even 2 infant glycerin suppositories. Nothing. Well nothing but a few pellets.
Any ideas?


Let's see what else? You know, I lay in bed at night and I think of all these things to tell you, and then when I sit down to write, nothing.

So that's it for now. My brain just died and it's time for bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about Miralax? It's something the pediatricians give when little kids won't poo. It's got to be safe and gentle if they can have it.

An old friend of mine was very troubled with gut issues in pregnancy and she took this stuff called Senekot, more of an herbal laxative. She used it through two pregnancies and it was fine; also gentle.

Good luck!!!