Thursday, November 03, 2005

The Meeting - part two

My eyes bugged out of my head.

What the heck was she doing in the lobby already? Why didn't she call me to say she was on her way? AAAGGH.
I told her that I was just finishing getting ready and that I'd be down in 5 minutes.
"Ok, no hurry" she told me. Ha. If only she knew.

Allen had just got out of the shower and was standing in the bathroom doorway dripping wet. I told him to get a move on it, that Sugar was in the lobby. He wasn't too happy. I told him that she said "no, hurry" and he said, "I didn't plan on it." I asked him to pack up our stuff and stow it in the car and meet me downstairs after he was ready.
He agreed and turned on the blow dryer.
I got an adreneline rush and my hands started to shake.
I hastily did my makeup. Coverup, eyeshadow, lipstick, mascara. 2 minutes total.
I shakily put on the matching cross necklace and earrings that my sisiter-in-law had bought me for good luck that day. As I was putting on the second earring I noticed that I was missing the back. I panicked just a little. Allen shut off the blow dryer and reassured me as he checked the carpet around my feet. "It's ok, it's alright, don't worry, I'll find it."
This only lasted about a minute. I found the missing back. It was on my other ear. In my nervous rush, I had put both earring backs on the first earring I put in.
OK then.

I grabbed my purse and my folder of important papers. With a quick kiss from Allen, I headed out the door to the elevator. On my way to the lobby I realized something.

I didn't know what Sugar looked like, and she never told me what she was wearing.

No comments: