Thursday, November 03, 2005

The Meeting - part 1

I'll tell you what I remember from our meeting Sunday morning.

Allen and I woke up and spent about an hour lazing around the hotel room.
I hopped in the shower. They have the best water pressure EVER at the H1lt0n, I almost drowned it was that good.
I blow dried my hair and decided to clip it up in back. With a couple of curls from the curling iron it was done and looked good on the first try. Miracle!
I got dressed, in a grey and black flecked knitted sweater and loose black casual pants for those of you who care about what I decided to wear.

At that point I decided to call Sugar, to see when she would arrive.

I have to mention that Sugar had called the hotel the night before to see if we had arrived and if we liked our room. Yes we had, and yes we did I assured her.
Sugar had also told me that there was a change of plans. Carly and Ben would be driving in, instead of flying. I guess that when Carly went to book the flights the day after we decided which day to meet, the cost had doubled. Since they also live about 5 hours from Big City, they decided to drive.
Sugar told me that she would come a little early so we could meet-as I hadn't met her yet- and talk until Carly and Ben arrived.

I dialed Sugar's house and her husband informed me that she was on her way, and had been for quite some time. Yikes. I knew that she only lived about an hour away from the hotel.
Allen was just stepping out of the shower, I didn't have any makeup on, and our room needed to be packed up. Checkout was at noon and we would be busy meeting and having lunch at that time.
How close was she? I called her cell phone. "Good morning!" I said when she answered.
"Hi dear!" she replied. "I'm in the lobby!"

Oh crap.

To be continued.

No comments: