Friday, November 11, 2005

IVF here we come...

We have dates! Carly called the clinic today and spoke to Dr.Ego's nurse. This is also the same nurse that my last IM (Sally) and I had for our cycle.
So, Nurse Christy said that this is how we'll proceed.

She's mailing Carly and I our birth control prescriptions.
We will wait until my next period and then call the clinic on cycle day one.(due to start Nov 28th-30th)
Then, I'll start taking my birth control.
This is when we'll go meet with Dr.Ego, and bring in our contract that was drawn up with Dr.Psych. I will also have my ultrasound etc with Dr.Ego, to make sure the old uterus is still clear for takeoff.
Carly is due for her period about 4-5 days after me.
Then she'll start her birth control.(approx Dec 4th)
I believe somewhere around the 20th of Dec is when we get our depot lupron shots? I'm a little foggy here, as this is different than my last two times cycling.
We'll stay on b/c pills until the week of Christmas.
At that time we will stop the b/c pills and have our periods again.
That should be around Dec 28-30thth.
Nurse Christy said she expects to see Carly in the office around January 2nd or 3rd for her baseline ultrasound and to start stims.
I'll go to the satellite office near me and have my baseline ultrasound at the same time, and start on my estrogen patches and pills to build my lining.
Cary has been through 7 IUIs and 5 IVF cycles, and she told me tonight on the phone that she has never stimmed for more than 8 days before she's ready. So egg retreival should be around the 10-12th of January.
She also said that she usually gets at least 20 eggs, last time they ended up with 17 fertilized, so instead of doing a 3 day transfer, Dr.Ego took them to a 5 day blast before putting them back.
I don't know if he'll do a 3 day transfer or a 5 day this time, but that puts our transfer around January 15th-18th, give or take a couple of days.

I am so excited!

No comments: