Monday, November 21, 2005

I've been neglecting you.

Sorry about that.
There wasn't much to report.

Yesterday- Allen, Carly, Ben and I went to Dr.Psych's office. She was great!
We were there for about 2 hours. Basically the four of us sat in comfy chairs in her office, talked and drank coffee and tea. We went over everything that we agreed to from amount of embryos to transfer to where we will deliver. We went through all of our plans.

We agreed to 2 more counselling sessions, one at 12 weeks of pregnancy and one at 5-6 months. More if needed. Just to keep the lines of communication open between the two couples. Many issues can crop up during a surrogacy, and she wants us to be aware of that.

She gave me the psych test as a take home assignment. I did it in the car on the way home yesterday, and mailed it back to her last night.
It was the Milan test,and you answer with a True or False. I think my favourite statement was "I was on the cover of ten magazines last year."
I also enjoyed answering "I haven't seen a car in the last 10 years."

So now Dr. Psych is having our contracts drawn up, and we'll have them to review by email in a couple of days. If we agree to everything and no changes need to be made, then she'll send us the hard copy at the end of this week, beginning of next. The 4 of us will go and have it notarized, and we're done.

Now, we're just waiting on my period, which is due in 7-9 days. I'll call the clinic and start on BCPs. Things are about to move quickly now. Yes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is all so very interesting to hear about. It's so rare an opportunity that one gets to read about this process.

I'm excited for you and the soon-to-be parents. Keep up with the updates!

Anonymous said...

I've been on the cover of Time and People, but that's only 2 magazines.

And what on earth is a CAR?

:))

Glad to hear things are moving along well. Thanks for the updates.

Anonymous said...

Glad everything is rolling along. Now, I hope you didn't do TOO well on your psych evals! ;-)