Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Attack of the nerves

Things just never go how you expect them. I've been patiently waiting to get Carly and Ben's picture in the mail, yes? Sugar told me that she wanted me to have ALL of the info (including the picture) before I make my decision about working with them. She told me yesterday when we talked, that she did indeed mail out the photo on Saturday, and I should have it by Tuesday.

I woke up this morning anticipating the mail. I was then planning on calling Sugar and setting up a day for everyone to meet. While TJ ate his breakfast, I check my voicemail. Low and behold there was a message from Sugar.
" Hi, this is Sugar. I spoke with Carly and Ben, and they want to know if you could meet them on Sunday Oct 30th. They're planning on flying in to (airport) around 9am and I'm going to pick them up. So maybe we could meet somewhere in the area around 10:30 or 11am for breakfast... or is that too early for you to make it? They're so excited to meet you. Give me a call and let me know. Bye."

I was so surprised I had to play the message twice. here's what went through my mind as I listened.
1. What the? Why is Sugar calling me?
2. Sugar, you said I couldn't set up a meeting until I saw their picture?
3. Yay! they want to meet!
4. Oct 30th? Agh! That's my daughter's 13th birthday. sigh.
5. How the heck are we supposed to make a 4 1/2 - 5 hour drive by 10:30 or 11am? Get up at 4am?
6. Yay! They want to meet!

I called Sugar and left her a message. I'm waiting for her to call me back.
I think if I can get them to make it a lunch meeting (12ish) that would be good.
We'll see what happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's exciting! I would try to make it a late lunch. They'll accomodate you, don't worry...