Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Aaaaand they're off!

We're off and running.

In the last 3 hours:

I've talked with Sugar probably 4 or 5 times.
We set the 30th as the date to meet.
I called my husband and we decided to drive in Saturday night and stay at a nearby hotel.
Sugar called Carly and told her to go ahead and book the 9am flight.
Sugar and I discussed hotels for my husband and I, and she said she'd call me back.
She called me back to say that she booked us a room at the Hilton in the airport, and that she was paying for our room. Also, I need to go to Yah00 maps and send her the directions with the distance in miles roundtrip. She's covering our milage as well, and will give us a check when we meet.
I called my husband at work, and he took the 29th off of work.
Sugar called again and asked me to make a master list for her with all of my "fees".
The list will make it easy for her. She told me that we'll be discussing the costs of this surrogacy with Carly and Ben during lunch. I'm not looking forward to that part.
I'm very fair and average in what I'm asking, but, it's still uncomfortable for me to discuss money.

I'm probably forgetting something.

AYIEEEE! 12 days and counting.

3 comments:

Cat, Galloping said...

I'm so glad you commented over my way and that I found your blog! I'm so fascinated by the various perspectives and approaches to motherhood that I've learned about mostly through blogs over the past year. Of course I got the Chez Miscarriage perspective from the other side. Will be very interested to hear it from a surrogate's side. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Let the countdown begin!

Anonymous said...

like cat, i am so glad i started reading your blog at such an exciting time in your life.

i wanted to comment though on your discomfort in discussing fees...this couple sounds very educated and obviously going through sugar, they have done their research. therefore, they will KNOW by looking at your breakdown that your fees are honest and reasonable. plus, they are going to be so excited to meet you. they obviously like and trust you if they are taking the step of making a face to face appointment.

so exciting!
tess (dim sum mum)