Wednesday, October 04, 2006

On board

My husband is on board for me to do a second surrogacy. He's such a terrific partner when it comes to supporting my endeavors.

Last night we went out to dinner. During dessert he came out with "Let me throw this by you... I want to get a new tattoo."
My eyebrows went up. My husband has only one tattoo, it's on his upper arm/shoulder. It's about 20 years old. It's not very big.
"I want to get it to cover up my old tattoo, I'm thinking about putting my family crest over it."
I pondered what he said for a moment.
"Let me throw this by YOU," I blurted, "I want to do another surrogacy!"
and then I sat there with a goofy grin on my face, waiting for him to laugh at me.
"I know" he said matter of factly, and then he smiled and said "10 years babe." (that's how long we've been together, and that's how well he knows me)
So then we discussed his cover up, and my possible second surrogacy and we shared an apple dumpling a la mode.
Isn't life grand?

4 comments:

Cat, Galloping said...

i'm surprised. i sort of got the feeling you were disillusioned by this experience. did i get that wrong?

Dee said...

Cat, yes there were a few things about my relationship with Carly and Ben that didn't strike the note that I wanted it to.
But, as a whole, surrogacy is truly beautiful and knowing that you can help complete someone's family, and bring a dream to life-literally, well it's indescribable.
The end result is what makes it all worth it, even if Carly isn't going to be my BFF- you know?
(funny, as I'm writing this reply- she called- haven't talked to her in days-I'm on the phone with her now!)

bibliophile1978 said...

You and your husband are amazing people! I was also kind of thinking the same as cat,--but seeing your reply here, I get it now. :)) You are a wonderful, loving, and generous person! xox

Aileara said...

Dee, you're a very special lady, and if you're up for this a 2nd time, there's a very lucky couple out there waiting for you. I am thankful every day that our surrogate decided to do it four times - #4 was our miracle baby.