Friday, July 07, 2006

Blah

I got woke up at 8am with a call from my OB. I failed the 3 hour gestational diabetes test. Dammit!
I asked him if i had flunked it by a lot, and he said no. He's sending me to the hospital for a class with a GD nurse, and he said that I should be able to control it by diet, and 4x daily finger picks. Hope so.
I do know from the lady that took my blood for the test, that my fasting sugar was 88 that morning. She told me after she picked my finger. But I guess I must have failed the 1,2 and 3 hour draws.
My OB is actually surprised that I failed both of my screenings for GD,( the 1hr he did and the 3 hour at the lab) He keeps apologizing and saying that he really didn't think I'd have it, and that the two babies and their placentas are what is causing me to have trouble. Gah.
Oh well, only 10-12 weeks to go!

3 comments:

bibliophile1978 said...

Sorry to hear about the GD. Hopefully the diet will work. I remember it did help bring my sugar down a bit.

At least you don't have to do the insulin injections. Be thankful for that! :))

Cat, Galloping said...

I guess that explains those big babies... Sorry, my friend. Almost there.

Aileara said...

Sorry it gotcha, Dee. I was recently diagnosed with type 2, not GD. Ya gotta love those 4-5 daily finger pricks, eh? Diet's dropped my levels, though doc wants me on meds - I refuse so far. Hang in there - we're both almost there now.