Monday, May 01, 2006

This morning was our Ob-gyn appointment.

My BP pressure was slightly elevated, but not enough to concern them.

I had trace amounts of protien in my urine but not enough to raise any eyebrows.

The nurse said I was up 8 pounds, which I know is bullshit. I've gained maybe 2 pounds sine my last visit 4 weeks ago. I weigh myself daily, my digital scale goes in .2 increments. There's nothing wrong with my scale. I think the nurse wrote it down wrong last month.

Carly asked for a look at the babies, and our sweet Dr. said "sure". They looked so great! We just got a quick peek at each of them, 2 minutes total, but we got to see them moving their arms and turning their heads. I even saw little fingers today.

Both baies are laying across my abdomen. Their heads are near my right hip, and their feet are towards my left hip. No wonder I'm feeling so much movement on my left at night! I have 4 feet kicking me there!

I asked our Dr if he would be the one performing my c-section, should it be needed. He said yes.

I asked him what his policy was regarding how many could be in the OR. He said he doesn't mind 2 (Carly and Ben) and then if I wanted Allen to come in to sit with me for the remainder of the surgery after the babies are out, and Carly and Ben could leave the OR with the babies that he wouldn't mind. BUT it depends on who else is working that day, we are going to be in "their house" and whatever the hospital people say that day, we have to abide by. But he also said that "They're human and they can sometimes be persuaded."


I asked him if he is comfortable letting me attempt a vaginal delivery if the twin closest to the cervix was head down, and the other wasn't. Would he let me deliver the first one and attempt turn the second one.
He said no. Unless BOTH babies are head down going into labour, I'll be getting a c-section.


I think that's about it.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Wow, I can't wait for those appointments. Your video was amazing; what a great idea. I just loved it.

Anonymous said...

I'm so thrilled to hear how things are going. So interesting about the babies both being sideways. I think for a while, mine was sideways, too, with extra kicking on one side when I was laying on it. What an amazing journey. All the best to all of you.

Anonymous said...

you've brought a smile to my face too, how lovely is your doc giving you both a sneak peak at the babes, now I'm going to go before I get all mushy and gushy lol