Monday, December 19, 2005

Will pictures do?

I'm so, so sick. My voice has been gone since yesterday afternoon. I can barely get a whisper out. This sucks.

In lieu of an entry, will a few photos do?

I picked up Kate's friend Christy. She's spending the night tonight. Yes, on a school night. Am I a cool Mom or what? Actually, the girls are only allowed to spend school nights at each other's houses, no where else. Christy's Mom works with disabled kids at the girls' junior high, so I know Kate will get to school, and on time, when she spends the night there. Christy's Mom trusts us to do the same. The girls actually go to bed on time when their together. So it's really not a problem.

The other night when Christy stayed over, I taught them how to make apple crisp and tonight I taught them how to make tree bark. (Chocolate covered crackers) whatever you want to call it.


Girls making apple crisp (Kate on right, Christy on left)


Making tree bark tonight.




After we were finished baking I went upstairs to the kitchen, because I realized that I didn't have a picture of the finished product.
As I got to the top of the stairs Christy ran giggling to the girls bed. I said "busted." They were already told to be in bed. When I got to the crackers cooling on the counter, this is what I saw. Look at the cracker in the center of the picture.






That is a finger mark. Someone dragged their finger through 5 of the chocolate crackers.
Of course I can't holler, because my voice is gone. I whispered while making disgusted faces and accused both of the girls, who of course denied it. Vehemently.
I told them to call TJ downstairs. He was also in bed already. He came down and I did the same with him. He denied it. I kept asking him because I know my 8 year old. If he did it, he would cave with repeated questioning. After the 5th time I whispered "TJ did YOU do it... tell me the TRUTH..." he giggled. Little bastard. He said... "but it was so goood..' in this guilty voice. My boy loves chocolate.

The guilty party.



Well I guess this ended up to be a full entry. You can thank TJ.

3 comments:

bibliophile1978 said...

Too funny... TJ looks so smug. How can you get mad at that face? LOL

And you better keep an eye on that Kate--holy smokes!--she is getting to be quite the good looking girl! She takes after her Mom. :))

Anonymous said...

Your kids are adorable, I love the look your daughter is giving you in the first picture!

Dee said...

Thanks girls. They're good kids most of the time. :)