Sunday, December 18, 2005

Bored and Bitchy

Well, I'm bored and bitchy over here. I want to know what they put in these birth control pills. I've been a stark raving bitch. I'm trying to keep it inside. It doesn't always work. Honestly, I feel a little psychotic. One minute I'm fine, the next minute the smallest thing makes me want to flip out. This is not me. I want it to go away.

Our Depot Lupron shots are on Dec 28th, and we stop taking our birth control pills on Dec 30th. Could someone please tell me when my period should start? With my last two IVF cycles I wasn't on the B/C pills. My period started 5 days after the lupron. (if I remember correctly)

In other news, Carly and I havn't talked much, she is insanely busy with her high school and college students. She is also in charge of planning a family cruise for 40 people, they leave Dec 25th or 26th for a 4 or 5 day cruise. She'll be back on Dec 30th or 31st (I forget).
I think we've talked once in the last 10 days.

She said something that made me cringe the other day.
It started innocently enough. She was thanking me for everything I've done so far. For being organized and taking some of the pressure off of her to do everything.
She said something to the effect of, "I just can't believe how much you're helping me. Things are going so smoothly. Most surrogates wouldn't do what you've done. Ben and I are so glad we hired you to be our surrogate."
And then she said something about paying someone... I forget. My brain kind of blinked off at that, as I started mulling over the "hired help" part of what she said.
Then, because I was so quiet, and I think she realized how what she said sounded, she quickly added, "but I know- we're friends too." The tone in her voice implying that this isn't just buisness, we are starting to care for each other in a more personal way.

Ok, I know that they have in fact "hired" me to be their surrogate. But ick. Yes, they are compensating me for what I am doing. But when I hear the word hired, I think of a boss/employee relationship and it doesn't feel good. Hopefully it was just a poor use of words, and not a Freudian slip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That does sound like an awkward conversation, I hope you are able to clear it up - have you thought about addressing it directly and telling her how it made you feel when she said that?

On the other question you asked, I think your period should start around the same timing as last time, but i've never done BCPs so I'm not sure.

Dee said...

You know Thalia, I probably should address it with her directly!
I'm just such a wimp when it comes to those things. If the word "hired" comes up again I will say something. Ick. She's preety cool though, so I'm pretty sure it will be fine.