Friday, October 14, 2005

Tonight's the night

Well alright! Finally! I called Sugar this morning at 10am and she answered the phone. She reiterated that she had their consent, their check and that they were very excited about me getting to see their profile and picture. Sugar told me that Carly said "we're not movie stars (as in their looks) I hope she doesn't mind!" That made me laugh. Sugar said she told them that I'm not that kind of person, and that I won't judge them based on their looks. How silly is that? I guess they are just as nervous and excited and unsure as I am! (You were right Lynette!)
So, then Sugar says "I'll get this out to you right away" and I reminded her that she was going to FAX me the information pages and picture. "Oh, right!" she said. " But the picture might not come out so well over the fax, it will probably be too dark" she hedged.
"I don't care what they look like Sugar" I said, " Just send the information you have. I'm not going to judge them on their picture anyway. I just want to read their answers to the sneek peek questions ( 3 pages or so) and I plan on setting up an in person meeting no matter what. That's what I'll base this match on. I need to meet them in person."
I mean come on. I already know why they're pursuing surrogacy, their ages, where they live. I know that they've already seen my picture, all about me and my family, my feelings on IVF, surrogacy, my compensation... what could I see in their profile that would stop me from wanting to at least meet them? I would hope to God that there aren't people out there that would base working together on the other person's looks. (and I don't mean health, I mean looks)
Surrogate or couple.
Anyway, Sugar said that she is going to be in meetings all day again today, out of the office, but she will send me the stuff by fax " as soon as I get in the door tonight, sometime after 7 or so."
So that's the word.
More tonight!

No comments: