Thursday, September 01, 2005

Good, Bad, Ugly

The Good:

Our vacation was wonderful. The best we've had this year. we took the kids out in the boat, and they both caught Northern pike. Boy were they excited. We had the most delicious fish fry dinner. TJ and Kate spent hours wandering the edge of the river catching tadpoles and frogs. Once they even caught a tiny a tiny bass, with their net. It was smaller than the size of my thumb. So neat.

The Bad:

On our way home I called my boss to see how things were going. He told me that we lost our biggest account. It's been touch and go for about six months now. It accounted for over half my pay. Ouch. I've known for a while that I needed to look for new employment as the company I've been working for isn't doing so well. So it wasn't a shock to hear, but it wasn't good news.

The Ugly:

We got home yesterday, and today my boss called and said he was closing the doors. The business is folding. I'm out of a job. Double ouch. My last day was the one I worked before we went on on vacation.
I've already applied for unemployment today, and filled out a job application on line for a local store that's opening. Tomorrow I'm going and applying for another store that's opening.

So that's the news. Send me some love.

Got to go. Need to bring Kate's purse and bike to her friend's house. She's going camping with her friend's family this weekend. They leave in the morning.

No comments: