Friday, October 27, 2006

Flurry of phone calls

Before I could call Sugar and let her know that we chose the weekends of November 11th or 18th, Allen called the other supervisor that works Saturdays with him. He found out that the guy has already booked the weekend of the 11th off, and Allen can't leave the building without a supervisor that Saturday. So when I called Sugar last night, I offered the weekend of the 18th or the 25th.

Sugar called me around dinner time today. She said that she called the couple (I need to get them some pseudonyms)and left them a message about the dates we chose.
They called her back and said that they are very excited to meet us, and they wanted to know if we would be able to meet them any sooner than the weekend of the 18th/19th and that it was going to be tough to have to wait so long. (in a good way)

So that only leaves us with the next weekend, the 4th/5th of November.

So I spoke to Allen, and we decided that yes, we would be willing to drive to Big City next Saturday and meet on Sunday.

I called Sugar and let her know that we would move things up. I asked her if she would book us at the great hotel she did last time, as we liked it very much. She said absolutely.

She called IPs and told them we were willing to meet them next Sunday morning.

Sugar called me back and said that the IPs would like to pay, and would like to put us up at a hotel (pricer) that is 1/2 closer to us than the original hotel, is right on a magnificent shopping strip (not that that matters to me) and is right in the heart of big city. Well, that was nice! Sugar also asked if we could all meet at 11am Sunday morning?

So we said that sounded fine, and Sugar called them back to solidify things.

That's where it stands right now.

Side note- Right after I hung up with Sugar, Carly called. It's funny, I feel like she's getting more real and open with me since the babies arrived. She also said something which really touched my heart. She told me that "Everyone asks about you, and how you're doing-even my hairdresser tonight! I tell them that I'm so thankful that it was you that we had to carry our babies. You are so knowledgeable! You calmed us down through so much of it, and even after they were born when we were so nervous. Yes, someone else could have carried for us, but not the way you did. We're very lucky."
Man, I almost started crying. This was the most heartfelt thing she's said to me.
I think that finally the realiity of having her babies here, 8 weeks later, she is settling in, settling down and looking at her babies and realizing what I did for them. I finally feel like she truly appreciates me.

3 comments:

Cat, Galloping said...

I love this part of your "cycle"-- you post all the time! :)

Anonymous said...

Boy...this is getting exciting, fast! Good luck with the new IPs, I hope you "click." Glad that Carly is coming around, too.

Aileara said...

Believe me, Carly does appreciate you and what you did for them in carrying their babies. Good luck with your new IPs - hopefully another couple will be blessed by one of the most wonderful GS ladies I've come across in our journey - YOU!!