Thursday, March 02, 2006

Hi

Nothing much to report here. Not sure why I can't find anything to write about.

We had an ultrasound again last Friday, and both babies had done one weeks worth of growing. So everything was right on track.

We have another ultrasound tomorrow (8wks1day), and I think one more next Friday(9wks1day) and then I will be released to a regular Ob-Gyn.

Right now I'm stil on PIO injections, Climara patches, Estrace tablets and Crinone gel suppositories.
I'll be so glad to be off of all these meds.

As for Carly and I, we talk almost every day. She tells me how she wakes up happy every day.
Yesterday, she had a bit of a problem with the mother of one of her students. The woman ended up hanging up on her. When Carly related the story to one of her teacher friends, her friend said to her, "So what! You have twins on the way!" and Carly said that's exactly how her mindset has been lately. The joy of these babies is always on her mind.

Now. As incredible as this makes me feel, I never realized the pressure that this puts me under.

I find myself worrying, praying that everything will be OK. I really worry the night before each ultrasound.
I feel like the health of these babies is completely on my shoulders, and a good outcome rests solely on me.
It's making me crazy.
Carly's relaxed and upbeat, positive that this time it's going to work, and she'll have her long awaited for babies this fall.
I am hesitant, and nervous, wanting to shield her, protect her from possible heartbreak.
How ridiculous is this? I never expected to feel this way.

3 comments:

Hostile in Ohio said...

I think it shows how much you care :-)

I'm 10w4d today so we're pretty close.

You've done wonderful and you'll continue to do well. This is hard work, and you're doing an amazing job.

JK said...

I think your worries are only a natural part of the amazing thing you are doing. You want so much for Carly to have the children she has longed for and you undertook that responsibility and are helping them create their family. It is scary, but you have a lot of people rooting for you and them. You are amazing!

Anonymous said...

I completely understand with the way you are feeling. It is common in us infertiles too. You are doing a great job and it is wonderful hearing your story.