Thursday, December 29, 2005

Home

Allen's home. I'm trying to get the aftermath of Christmas taken care of, the house and our lives back to normal.

The appointment for my lupron and ultrasound yesterday was horrible. I got a surprise visit from the speculum. My nurse forgot to tell me that they needed to test for the clap and something else. Hmmm, didn't have that earlier this year when I was with Sally and Don.

When she inserted the speculum, or should I say when she TRIED to insert it, I swear the thing had jagged razor edges. I about hit the roof of the examining room. I can take quite a bit of pain, and for the first few moments I said nothing. Then I started saying "ow, oW OW!" and she replied "sorry, so sorry, but wow you have a long way to your cervix. I can't reach it. It's way up there."
Now, in my 15 years of having pap smears, births etc, no one has ever told me this, or had a problem reaching my cervix. So she said she'd try again and she took it out and did it again. Fun. The second time was slightly better, and she admitted once she got where she needed to be, that she didn't have it positioned correctly the first time. Uh hunh. Thanks.
She gave me my lupron shot, and I was on my way. Our cycle is started! Here we go!

No comments: