Saturday, August 20, 2005

Spent

Today I took two girls to the mall. Kate and a friend. I wasn't looking forward to going. Kate had been asking for a few weeks now, if we could do our shopping at the mall for her school clothes this year. When she was younger, we picked out all of her fall clothing at W-Mart, KMart etc. She's entering 8th grade this year, and it just wasn't going to cut it. I could see how very much she wanted to get trendy/cool clothes. I bit the bullet, and we headed to the mall.
You see, shopping with Kate is trying at best. She likes the "in" fashions, which are short skirts and baby doll/snug t-shirts, low and I mean low rise jeans. Also tight. The jeans must be tight. It's a virtual landmine for mother and daughter arguments. It took us 4 hours. I managed to keep my mouth shut and my daughter and her friend decently covered.
The girls thoroughly enjoyed themselves, and all of Kate's (and her friend's) school clothes have been purchased. My wallet emptied, and the backseat full, the girls had smiles on their faces.
I guess you could say that it was a successful trip.

No comments: